By: Classic Marcite| On: April 3, 2020
It probably was a major selling point for your home when you originally purchased it and has since become the center for every family activity, whether it’s barbecues, house parties or family reunions, the swimming pool and associated deck have become the center of family activities. Summers have been spent there, weekends have been lost there (or gained) and it has been a place where all the fun happens. But due to all of this activity, it looks as though your swimming pool is looking a little worn, places are cracking, there’s a ghostly residue where it looks like areas of your pool are dissolving into the water itself. Essentially, your pool has seen better days. In this blog post, we will discuss not only the importance of residential pool resurfacing, but answer the age-old question: how long does it take to resurface a swimming pool?
But really, how long does it take to resurface a swimming pool? In this blog post, we will discuss residential pool resurfacing in detail.
Residential Pool Resurfacing
There comes a time when your pool is looking worn from age, where you will need to consider getting residential pool resurfacing service from a dependable pool resurfacing company. Resurfacing your pool will add lifetimes to your swimming pool. Residential pool resurfacing is designed to aid in the renovation of your swimming pool’s surface. That is, it replaces the whole surface of your pool, from the tiles and pebble to the design itself, essentially revitalizing the pool. With residential pool resurfacing, your swimming pool will look as good as new.
A residential swimming pool resurfacing company will resurface the pool with a finish that will look good and last a long time, that way you can enjoy your swimming pool for years and years to come. Here are some signs to look out for to determine if your pool needs to be resurfaced by a professional pool resurfacing company.
- Chalky residue
- Drops in water level
If you find any of these warning signs, then it’s time to consider pool resurfacing.
How Long Does it Take to Resurface a Swimming Pool?
Traditional residential pool resurfacing can take some time. It all depends on the needs of the customer and the size of the pool itself. Traditional pool resurfacing takes, on average, about two days from start to finish, as well as any potential additional time needed for refilling the pool itself. But on average, the whole process takes roughly two days.
Here’s a rundown of the steps we will go through in order to renovate the pool so it looks and feels as good as new:
- Drain the pool: First, we will drain the pool of all water in order to start our work on resurfacing the pool.
- Prep pool: We will then prep the pool by removing and peeling away the previous surface.
- Install masonry: We will then install the newly selected and needed masonry.
- Seal the pool: After installation of the new surface, we will seal the pool so as it does not leak.
- Install pool finish: We will then install the pool finish of your choice, whether that’s tile, pebble, or any of our other options.
- Clean debris: We will clean the area and remove any debris left behind from the process.
- Refill the pool: We will fill the pool up with water. We’re nearly done with the process.
- Treat the water: We will treat the pool water with the proper chemicals to balance the pH.
- Monitor: We will make sure there are no issues with the pool.
- Completed: The processes is completed.
As we said, the process itself should take about two days.
Dependable Residential Pool Resurfacing by Classic Marcite
Now that you know the answer to the question: how long does it take to resurface a swimming pool? It’s time for you to find the right residential pool resurfacing company. If you’re looking for a dependable residential pool resurfacing company, then look no further than Classic Marcite. We provide reliable pool renovation and resurfacing services for our clients, offering the following services:
We are a company of experts committed to improving the pool remodeling industry. We strive to deliver the most reliable services for our clients. Contact us today to receive a free, no-obligation quote.