By: Classic Marcite| On: December 28, 2021
Who doesn’t like the idea of saving money? Many homeowners think DIY pool deck resurfacing is cheaper than hiring an expert, but you could end up spending more money in the long run.
Trust the pool deck resurfacing professionals in Orlando, FL, at Classic Marcite to help you decide if restoring your pool deck on your own is worth the time and effort.
What Is Pool Deck Resurfacing, and When Is it Needed?
A pool deck needs resurfacing when it becomes excessively damaged or peeling paint and stains mar its appearance.
Resurfacing a pool deck includes several steps:
- Preparation: Etch, shot blast, or grind the surface to make it porous for adhesion.
- Priming: Remove loose debris from the concrete surface and wash it with a pressure washer. Apply an acid wash cleaning solution to remove stubborn stains and mildew.
- Product mixing: Follow mixing instructions carefully to ensure a smooth, professional pool deck finish.
- Overlay applying: After cleaning, apply the overlay in a thin layer that adheres directly to the concrete substrate. A thicker application will not cure properly, leaving bubbles under the surface.
- Sealing: Allow the necessary curing time before applying a stain sealer for extra protection.
There are two ways to go about pool deck resurfacing: DIY or hiring professionals. However, many pool owners are still unsure which option is best for them.
DIY Pool Deck Resurfacing
The advantage of a DIY option is saving money on the total cost of hiring a pool deck resurfacing contractor. The disadvantage is taking a lot of your time and effort or the possibility of a poor-quality finish. Before you go down that path, make sure you know the pros and cons of this project.
- More control over the design and appearance
- Savings on labor and project cost
- Gain a better understanding of how your pool works
- A sense of accomplishment
- The project will most likely need special equipment
- It might take longer than expected
- Incorrect application due to lack of experience
- High risk of injury
- No guarantee or warranty
- Experts have better quality materials
Professional Pool Deck Resurfacing
DIY pool deck resurfacing may save a few dollars, but hiring an expert gives you the best results. Resurfacing concrete pool decks is a complex job and requires specialized skills and equipment.
Going the professional route might be your best option if you have a large, unusually shaped, or slanted pool deck surface.
Choosing a Professional Resurfacing Company
You want to give your pool area the best look possible, but you also want to choose a contractor who provides a quality job at a competitive price. Ask each contractor the following questions before making a decision:
- What is their experience level?
- Are reviews from past clients good?
- Do they offer warranties and guarantees?
- Do they charge by the project or square foot?
- Are slip-resistant sealers extra?
Classic Marcite has the tools, materials, and skills needed for a stunning finished product. Learn more about their pool deck resurfacing services in Orlando, FL, if DIY pool deck resurfacing is not for you. Call 407-521-6260 to get the pool that makes every neighbor jealous!